I great you in Jesus name. I hope you have been well. Please take some time to listen to Dr. Ravi Zacharias who is a christian apologetic. His faith is just so amazing as he communicates it through logic to university students. Amazing… he has read more than 7000 books… crazy? I know!! I haven’t read 10 books in my lifetime.
I great you all in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and savior. Today I blog about sex dreams and the part they play in sexual sin. It was at around 3am, on 2 nights, the 24th and 25th Mar 2014, when I got very vivid sexual dreams, that could be equated to a sexual experience. The exaggerated familiarity of some of the faces in the dreams and the extreme pulled me to do what I resolved not do. The intensity and disgust left within my spirit left a bitter taste in my mouth. The dream was not just sex with a woman, but was borderline weird fetish-like to nightmare. This thing defiling me was definitely not of this world. I remember feeling that this was my sister, though I looked at her and she looked nothing like it. “A familiar spirit”. The setting was on the bed that I grew up on at my parents place. When I wake up I sensed the peril that lied before me. Nothing that I can explain I have seen or experience. Therefore, my conclusion was that the devil simply wanted to defiled my spirit so that I can fall to my previous devices – using malevolent forces because he knew I was strong in the Holy Spirit against sexual temptation in the physical realm. I was so disturbed that I couldn’t go to work the last day.
I am encouraged by the word in Deut 28:7 knowing the devil is a defeated foe.
(Deut 28:7 The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.)
It is funny how in this life, battles won elsewhere can easily be lost on other grounds.The past few weeks have been filled with battle and to the glory of God, victory over sexual temptation. An argument may be used that I might exposed myself to sensuality thus this experience. On the contrary I have been consistently proactively engaging the battle plan;
- eyes- bouncing my eyes from all lustful looks,
- mind – using the word as a sword and my faith as a shield
- heart – fighting for my relationship with God, marriage, child(ren) and future
I did a bit of study on this a while back and I came across a demon called “succubus”. This is a female demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men. I have no reference of this in the bible, but I know that the bible doesn’t answer all questions we might have. So, upon waking up that day, I prayed through the power of the Holy Spirit and by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross against the spirit of succubus. The demon has no power over me anymore and even if it comes back, I will keep fighting it. James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Many people do not know this, but what happens in the spiritual realm manifests in the physical realm. To put it to context, the dreams that I had were meant to create a feeling of sinful sexual desire, guilt and self condemnation; so that I resolve to get satisfaction from anything other than my wife. Some men won’t really see the sense in this argument, but the motive of this is to drive you to sexual immorality. The spirit realm work very differently from the physical one.
I give glory to God because I can reach out to Him, through his Son Jesus in prayer and to a group of prayer warriors at that time. In summary;
- I prayed against spirit of succubus and cancelled every evil effect of the dreams in Jesus name,
- I sent a distress call to my G7 group, a sexual accountability group for prayer
- I talked to my wife who also prayed with me about it
- My defenses went on an all time high. I was encouraging myself with scripture constantly, just like Jesus fought temptation against the devil with scripture.
If you are or have gone through this, the solution is simple,
1. Surrender to God , know the truth
- 1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth (about Jesus).
- 2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth (about Jesus) and so be saved.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
2. Against the devil play offense, but against sexual sin play defense,
- “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.” 1 Cor 6:18
Pastor M hit the nail on the head. I struggled for year with sexual sin. I used this 3 phased battle plan based on the book “Every Man’s battle” and man, God has sustained me. I give him glory for this. This is exactly what you will learn through the iStopped class, if you are patient to walk with someone for a couple of months.
We meet every Saturday morning at South C from 7.30am – 9.30am and men have been transformed. I have seen men moving from K-Street into a marriage free and fighting sexual sin so that it does not affect their relationship. This plan works, you have to come out and say you have a problem and surrender it all to God.
The battle plan is simple, you have to fight with your;
- Eyes (Job 31:1 – Make a covenant with your eyes)
- Mind (2 Corinthians 10:5 – Hold all thoughts captive under the obedience of Christ Jesus, 1 Corinthians10:13 – No temptation is unique to you, others have gone through it and overcome e.g. Joseph in Egypt )
- Heart (dedicate your life to a relationship with God consistently in surrender) If your eyes are your perimeter fence and your mind is the walls of the house, then your mind is like the panga that you put under your bed. Gen 39:9 ‘How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?’
THE PUNCHLINE :- 1 Cor 6:18 says ‘Flee from sexual immorality!’ We beat the devil through offense, but when it comes to sexual temptation, we must play defense!
Today we want to want to focus on the men and the title of my message is ‘Real Husbands Of Nairobi’. We want to talk about real men. This sermon is not just for the men, but also for the women who love them, live with them or simply just want to understand them! The whole region was thrown in shock in July 2013 when two men from Kisauni agreed to sign a contract to marry the smae woman when they both realized they were having an affair with her. The agreement stated when each would take their shift in her house, how they would respect one another, and how if she gave birth they would both raise the child as their own. One of the men had already paid bride price for the woman but the other one agreed that he would also pay his bride price when ready…
View original post 3,587 more words
Through long and painful experience, we came to realize that we were powerless over our sexual thoughts and behaviours. Our preoccupation as men with sex causes progressively severe adverse consequences for us, our families, and our friends. Despite many failed promises to ourselves and attempts to change, we discovered that we were unable to stop acting out sexually by ourselves. As a fellowship of men of valour, i-Stopped class offers a message of hope to anyone who suffers from sex struggles. This class is held in South C with support of Mavuno church leadership on Saturday 7am to 9am for 8 – 12 weeks.
So here is a small test we came up with as a self evaluation. Imagine God asking you these questions not for condemnation but to help you.
Do you feel like you been alone in this fight, please keep a mental note of the answers or comment your answers on this survey.
Are you ready to be consumed by the fire of God? Keep the fire burning in you.
Jesus Christ didn’t “just” die on the cross for us.
He gave up the chance to get married,
To have children,
To watch them grow,
To teach them to walk,
To teach them to talk,
To hold them in His arms.
He gave up the opportunity to have a career,
… To be successful in business,
To make a name for himself,
To be a community leader.
He gave up sunrises and sunsets,
Stargazing and full moons,
And listening to the waves crash against the shore.
He gave up the chance to sit around the fire with friends,
To tell jokes and to laugh at himself.
He gave up the chance to have every good thing people cherish in this life in exchange for a wooden cross, three nails, and a slow, excruciating death.
He gave up those things, He made that exchange, so you and I wouldn’t “just” have those things to look forward to at the start of each day.
Something to think about this Easter season.
Amazing blog post. Please check it out.
Combat with porn is probably (still) the biggest issue Christian men wrestle with that no one talks about. Serious discussions about sexuality are embarrassing and uncomfortable. Too many churches are silent. And many are not proactive regarding faith-based sex education.
Lessons like this one can break the ice and be used to introduce a more comprehensive curriculum that is desperately needed in many Christian homes and churches. We can’t afford to become even more irrelevant and unconvincing in today’s rapidly changing culture.
Source: Darrell Martin and SameSexAttractions.wordpress.com